Arista if the best choice for Snow & Ice Control
For years, Arista has partnered with WESTERN snow plows. Our objectives have always been to offer equipment that helps customers succeed and give them a competitive edge in the market. As leaders in the snow plowing industry WESTERN is at the forefront of changing technology, to better meet customer’s needs and wants. Just like Arista, WESTERN stays in touch and in tune with customers to develop solutions and deliver snow removal and ice control equipment that gets the job done right, the first time.
Light-Duty Commercial & Residential
For a first-hand look at some of the product lines we offer, you can open up the following manufacturer brochure. Click on the image to open the PDF file, and once open you can easily save this brochure to your computer's hard drive.
Useful questions to ask yourself when considering a snow plow purchase
When it comes time to think about purchasing a plow, you may find it helpful if you can answer a basic list of focused questions designed to help steer you through the decision making process. If you are thinking about a plow purchase soon, try to have answers to these initial questions:
- Know your job – What type of plowing are you trying to accomplish, your own residence or property? Or commercial plowing: residences, commercial properties or both?
- Know your truck – what year, make, model, cab configuration, box size and front axle rating does your truck have? All of these will help determine the size and type of plows available to properly fit your vehicle.
- Are you plowing all paved surfaces or is there dirt or gravel areas as well? This might indicate choosing certain options available such as disc shoes.
- Would a straight blade or a Multi-position blade be better suited for your anticipated use?
- Will the benefits of a poly blade be enough to justify the additional cost over a steel blade?
- Do I want the flexibility of a handheld controller or would a more fixed joystick controller make more sense?
- What accessories might help me get the most out of my new plow: snow deflectors, disc shoes, back drag edges or blade wings, to name a few?